Infidelity is one of the most devastating things that can happen in a relationship. It can cause a lot of pain and heartache for both partners, and it can be difficult to spot if your partner is cheating on you. A survey by the American Association for Marriage and Family Therapy found that nearly 20% of married couples reported infidelity in their relationship.
The good news is that there are some signs that can help you spot infidelity in your relationship. In this blog post, we’ll discuss the common signs of infidelity and how to tell if your partner is cheating. We’ll also provide some tips on what to do if you suspect that your partner is being unfaithful.
What Is Infidelity?
Before we discuss the signs of infidelity, it’s important to define what it is. Infidelity is defined as being unfaithful or having a sexual or romantic relationship with someone other than your partner. It can include physical contact and/or communication, such as kissing, sex, sexting or even just flirting.
Common Signs of Infidelity
It can be difficult to tell if your partner is being unfaithful, but there are some signs to look out for. Here are some common signs of infidelity:
1. Changes in behavior: If your partner suddenly starts to act differently, it could be a sign of infidelity. They may be more distant or start to keep secrets from you. They may also start to become more secretive about their phone or computer use, or they may start to go out more often.
2. Changes in physical appearance: If your partner suddenly starts to change their physical appearance, it could be a sign of infidelity. They may start to dress differently, buy new clothes, or start to wear more makeup.
3. Unaccounted for time: If your partner starts to spend more time away from home without explanation, it could be a sign of infidelity. They may start to stay out later, or they may start to go out more often without you.
4. Compulsive lying: If your partner starts to lie compulsively, it could be a sign of infidelity. They may start to lie about where they are going, who they are talking to, or what they’re doing.
5. Unexplained expenses: If your partner starts to spend money without explanation, it could be a sign of infidelity. They may start to buy gifts for someone else, or they may start to go out to dinner more often without you.
6. Unusual interest in technology: If your partner starts to become overly interested in technology, it could be a sign of infidelity. They may start to spend more time on their phone or computer, or they may start to use social media more.
7. Unusual phone behaviors: If your partner starts to become secretive about their phone use, it could be a sign of infidelity. They may start to delete text messages or they may start to hide their phone from you.
Read Also – How to know if your boyfriend is a virgin or not
What to Do If You Suspect Infidelity
If you suspect that your partner is being unfaithful, it’s important to address the issue as soon as possible. Here are some tips on what to do if you suspect infidelity:
1. Talk to your partner: The first step is to talk to your partner about your concerns. Let them know how you’re feeling and ask them to be honest with you. You may also want to ask them about the changes in their behavior or physical appearance.
2. Get help: If you’re struggling to confront your partner, it’s important to get help from a professional. A therapist or counselor can help you work through your feelings and help you figure out how to address the issue.
3. Set boundaries: If you and your partner decide to stay together, it’s important to set boundaries. Make sure that you both are clear about what is and isn’t acceptable behavior.
Infidelity can be a devastating thing to go through, but it’s important to be aware of the signs of infidelity. By being aware of the common signs, you can spot infidelity in your relationship and take the necessary steps to address it. If you’re still unsure, it’s important to get help from a professional.